It’s National Pizza Pie Day! Pepperoni is the most popular topping in the United States, but check out some of these other unique toppings from other countries.
- United States: Pepperoni
- Australia: A combination of barbecue sauce, emu, crocodile and kangaroo. Another popular combo is barbecue sauce, shrimp and pineapple.
- Brazil: Green Peas
- France: Eggs… fried eggs or sunny-side up
- Germany: Canned tuna
- India: Pickled ginger, minced mutton, and paneer cheese
- Japan: Mayo jaga (a combination of mayonnaise, potato and bacon), corn, pimiento and onion. They’ll often include eel and squid as well. And get this, it’s available at Domino’s Japan
- Russia: Mockba (sardines, tuna, mackerel, onions and salmon)
- Sweden: Pizza Africana (peanuts, bananas, chicken, pineapple and lots of curry powder)… they eat the pizza with thin-crust and with a fork & knife!