Aerial fireworks are now banned in Cottonwood Heights. The city passed an ordinance banning them for the rest of the year after a 25-acre fire caused by fireworks damaged 2 homes on July 4th.
You can shoot fireworks between July 21 and July 27. However; due to particularly hazardous, dry and hot conditions, the Salt Lake City Fire Department has decided to alter the boundaries.
- No fireworks will be allowed east of 900 East
- No fireworks will be allowed west of Redwood Rd.
- North and South boundaries remain the same; no fireworks are allowed north of S. Temple St., but are allowed going south to the City border.
- This applies to all fireworks, aerials and otherwise, as the department considers them to be equally culpable in starting fire under the current conditions.
West Jordan has announced 2 locations where people can set off aerial fireworks on July 24, from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Ron Wood Baseball Complex, 5900 New Bingham Highway
- The ball fields at Veterans Memorial Park, 1985 W. 7800 South.