If you’re constantly confused by what you read on Tumblr and Twitter, these terms can help you up your slang game.
- Snatched - It’s the new fleek and can be used to describe something that looks really good, from your eyebrows to your shoes.
- Sus - From the word suspect, it’s how the Internet says sketchy or shady. It’s like in “Mean Girls,” when Cady gave Regina those bars to “lose weight” - that was sus.
- Boots - You add boots to the end of an adjective or verb to emphasize what you’re saying. So if you’re really tired, you’re tired boots.
- Sis - Sis is the new bro.
- Stan - This is the Internet’s word for a hardcore fan. It’s from the Eminem song “Stan,” which is about an obsessed fan. You can also say stanning, like “He’s stanning Eminem by writing him letters.”
- Extra - This refers to trying too hard or being over the top. Extra could be used to describe a teacher giving out too much homework or a drunk girl stumbling around the bar at the end of the night.
- OTP - It stands for One True Pairing, and your OTP is a couple you’re emotionally attached to. If you shed a tear when Chris Pratt and Anna Faris broke up, they were your OTP.
- Ship - This one comes from relationship and you “ship” the two people you wish were in a relationship. “Scandal” fans who want Olivia Pope and Fitz Grant to be together, ship them.
Source: Pop Sugar