Join 94.1 KODJ and Cricket Wireless to raise food donations for the Salvation Army! 94.1 KODJ will be broadcasting LIVE on Friday, November 20th at Cricket Wireless on 1678 W. 4100 S. in Salt Lake City between 6 a.m. – 12 p.m. where you can drop your donations off.
The first 120 people to show up and donate food will receive a free sandwich coupon from Port of Subs. The Salvation Army Cantina will also be on-site with free coffee and donuts.
The Salvation Army in Utah provides services to more than 100,000 people in need annually. Range of social services include: food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing, assistance with energy bills and character development for underprivileged children.
The Salvation Army can make the most of your non-perishable food donation when you consider three things: nutrition, usefulness and quality vs. quantity.
Here is an expanded list of healthy non-perishable foods you can donate:
- Canned fish, such as salmon, tuna and sardines
- Canned meats, such as chicken and turkey
- Whole grains
- Rice (brown, wild)
- Steel-cut or rolled oats
- Whole grain dry cereals with at least 5 grams fiber/serving
- Whole grain pastas
- Fruits in natural juice with no sugar added
- Canned vegetables, low salt or no added salt
- Canned fruit packed in water versus syrup
- Canned or boxed low-sodium soups and stews
- Dried or canned legumes, such as peas, lentils, peanuts and beans
- Pureed foods, such as sweet potato, pumpkin and applesauce
- Low-fat dry or shelf-stable milk
- Nut butters, including peanut, almond, walnut
Can’t make the food drive? Monetary donations help make a greater impact. When you donate money instead of food, the Salvation Army can stretch your donation to nourish even more families thanks to our bulk purchasing power and partnerships with major retailers, manufacturers and farmers. While you can buy a few food items with $10 at the store, we can turn a $10 gift into 40 meals. Donate at https://saltlakecity.salvationarmy.org.
Cricket Wireless understands the importance of investing in communities. Serving communities isn’t just about Cricket offering affordable devices and services. Philanthropy is part of Cricket’s cultural DNA. We work with national and regional charities to make a significant impact where it matters most – in our community.