Did you know there is a Cowboys' Code of Conduct? The lack of any real written law in the Wild West made it very important for cowboys to create their own guidelines on how to live. These rules became known as the "Code of the West" – rules that were not written as statutes, but were always respected on the range.In honor of National Day of the Cowboy, try to live up to these 10 codes of conduct:
- Live each day with honesty and courage.
- Take pride in your work. Always do your best.
- Stay curious. Study hard and learn all you can.
- Do what has to be done and finish what you start.
- Be tough, but fair.
- When you make a promise, keep it.
- Be clean in thought, word, deed, and dress.
- Practice tolerance and understanding of others.
- Be willing to stand up for what is right.
- Be an excellent steward of the land and its animals.
Photo: Getty Images